Editor’s Note: This post was written by our fabulous friends at CollegeCandy! A quick word of warning: before clicking over to read the second half, be aware that some readers found CC’s content/ads to be non-work-safe. Now, on to the post!
I love the first weeks back at school after Thanksgiving break.
No scratch that, I hate them, actually. But what I do like is what those weeks represent. It’s the beginning of the end. The start of the finish. You’re over the hump. The semester is almost over. You’ve finally reached those last few dreadful weeks. And okay, maybe that doesn’t seem like something to be happy about, maybe you want to pull your hair out right now? Maybe you’re stressed? Sure, but just think, in a couple of weeks it will all be over.
How can you be sure that there’s a light at the end of the tunnel? Here are just a few signs that the semester is almost over.
10. You’ll do anything to avoid your homework. Okay. Time to get serious. You have a lot to get done these last few weeks. Time to buckle down and start working. No distractions. No Facebook. No phones. Reading time. But wait…you have been meaning to reorganize your desk. And your bookshelf. And… you get the idea.
9. You’re staying in instead of going out. Thirsty Thursday? Try thesis Thursday. You have so many papers due, so many pages of reading to get through, so much to get done in such a short amount of time you can’t even think about going out. Well, okay you think about it (and even plan your outfit) but then you don’t go. And you reward yourself for being such a dedicated student by taking a five minute break to Facebook-stalk. The next thing you know, four hours have gone by and your roommate is stumbling in, ready to tell you all about her great night. The one you missed. And you still didn’t do you reading. Oops.
8. You can no longer find a seat in the library. It’s not like you’re hanging out in the library all that often, but every once in a while when you need to take a nap write a paper, you head on over, and you expect there to be seating. But towards the end of the semester? You can’t even find a floor spot in the corner near a plug.
7. Each and every one of the people there fit into one of these categories. Go read them. No explanation needed.
6. Facebook statuses start appearing in countdown code. You know, those Facebook statuses that start popping up about a week before the semester ends, listing everything the person needs to get done between now and then. Sort of like, five finals, four papers, three days, two meetings, and one nap until winter break. Not that I’ve ever participated in such a thing. Not at all.
Wanna know the final six signs the semester is over? Click right here to read more!