Editor’s Note: The following post was written by our friends at CollegeCandy! Before you click over to read the second half, know that some of CC’s content/ads may be non-work-safe! Thought you should know ahead of time. Now on to the post!
So here on CollegeCandy, we provide you ladies with what we consider to be some pretty awesome advice. Sex tips. Study tips. Relationship advice, and fashion finds. We know; we’re awesome like that. But the rest of the world? Well, when it comes to providing girls with great life advice, they’re not always quite as helpful. Their rules? A little bit less enjoyable for women to follow. (I’m looking at you, Seventeen!)
Don’t get me wrong. I love rules. They’re great. They provide order. Structure. Prevent us from killing each other over the little things (Like your roommate eating the last of the Tostitos) and the big things (Like your roommate eating the last of the Lime Tostitos). Those rules are important, necessary even. But some rules, well they’re not quite as important, not quite as necessary. In fact, they’re not necessary at all.
Some rules, especially rules for girls, well, they’re just made to be broken…
1. Always behave like a lady. Prim and proper and absolutely perfect. Think Martha Stewart meets Sarah Palin. Or something like that. I’ve never been all that good with this rule.
2. Marry early. And marry well. Because that is what decides our social value, isn’t it ladies?
3. Primp. Always. Makeup is a necessary in order for one to appear presentable. Your hair should look like you just came from the salon. And your clothes, well, you should look like you raided Leighton Meester’s closet.
4. Have lots and lots of babies. And don’t wait! Because if you wait you’ll dry up and then be absolutely useless!
5. Wait for a guy to ask you out. Never make the first move. Ever. Because men don’t like a girl that speaks her mind. Because women…
6. Should be seen and not heard. I’m sorry, isn’t this rule often used for children, as well?
7. Women should wear pink. And ruffles. And lots and lots of lace. No offense to Elle Woods, but pink is just not my color. OK?
Wanna see the final 8 rules that are meant to be broken? Read the rest by clicking right here!