Number 3 on the count down of the most requested styles for 2010 is the other stylish judge for the XFactor, she didn’t have a great year but she won the fashion stakes guessed who yet?… its Cheryl Cole with her red fishtail plait.
When the nation’s sweetheart went red head last summer she really caught the attention of our clients and the media. Her first appearance as a redhead with a fishtail plait on XFactor inspired women across the UK to copy her style for their 2010 Christmas party look.
How to get Cheryl’s Fishtail Plait…
1. Start by getting the volume on top by dividing your hair into sections and backcombing.
2. Then lightly smooth your hair down and brush all your hair to the side of your head.
3. Divide the hair that has been moved to the side into 2 equal parts.
4. Get a small piece of hair from the left hand piece and bring it round to the front so it is wrapped completely over the large piece. Do the same with the right piece and then the left again, then right, keep alternating.
5. When you have finished at the bottom of your hair use a clear plastic band to keep the plait in place and then lightly mess up the plait by separating some of the strands so the plait doesn’t look so neat.
6. Finish with a shine hairspray to keep it in place, we recommend Chic Shine Hairspray from TIGI S-Factor… and you are done.
7. To get Cheryl’s colour as well ask the stylist for a mahogany red shade. However we suggest that you have a consultation before having a change of hair colour as the stylist will be able to tell you what shade of red will suit your skin tone.
If you want to copy Cheryl’s look or need some help recreating it at home, book a FREE consultation online…or call 01908 614642 for the Milton Keynes Salon, or call 01296 330220 for the Aylesbury Salon.
All products shown are available in the salons, please call the numbers above for more details or to purchase…